Monday, August 30, 2010

Water Deflector For Shower Doors

Chronicle of a Sabbath day

After seven months of training, was born this past Saturday tetratleta. Curious, because in real life I am also premature. Thus, if we respect this fanciful analogy, we could say that Tetra was a baby. And what it was ...

The first time I heard of Tetra had little to do with Chapelco. It was in a cold classroom Puán street when a teacher, whose name as I recall, spoke enthusiastically TETRAFARMAKON academic, four nominated by Epicurus remedies to heal the soul does not fear death, fear not the gods not fear corporeality pain and do not fear the future (target). What a coincidence, avoid these four concerns was essential to encourage me to run the Tetra!

Following the framework of events and coincidences that led me to run this wonderful race, appear once more in my life readings of Plato. On his masterpiece, The Republic , I did my thesis. It argues that to become a philosopher must pass through four (tetra ! ) teaching ( mathema ): gymnastics, music, mathematics and dialectic. In this journey, I first fell in love with music at an early age, then and in my teens, I went into mathematics, and finally, as an adult, I became interested in the dialectic. For whites, the gym had been relegated in my life. And how do call myself a philosopher without having passed the first of the elementary teachings postulated by the greatest thinker of the West?. And then, at this point in my life and living here in San Martin de los Andes, I only had to run the Tetra (they were, then these ramblings that led me to say "I want to run the Tetra).

So, and after this tedious introduction that comes out of my way to be stubborn, way to recount the day's story that went from be apprentice philosopher to tetratleta to become, now if the four teachings lived, that Platonic philosopher of my university lectures (a circuit and, circular, paradoxical, contradictory, complex, as We all love). Preparations


The night before the 24VA. Chapelco Tetrathlon Edition (tetra, to friends) almost could not sleep. Just about three hours, tops. Spinning, I thought, ran the race in my mind over and over again, he reviewed the transitions, the list of items, shuffled forecast possibilities certain and thought of the snow that was falling.

At six o'clock I got up. Breakfast cereal with milk and banana. Then he rose Adri. Then Jose. And finally began the process of raising girls. Afurada no longer snowing, but the cold was the host. I drank tea. I began to change. To say I was nervous not quite right. I was nervous many times in my life and the feeling that came over my whole being was totally new. Indescribable. But it was not fear, no excitement, no joy. Was clearly the feeling that exists only hours before running the tetra.

Fer arrived at 7:10 and did not come. We had arranged meet at 7:50 at my coach. 7:20. I look at the amount of snow. Fer is not forthcoming. NOT going to be able to upload. To make matters worse I have no signal on my phone and no I have his cell number. 7:25. Nothing. I'm not running, ready, already. Not rise. I dressed to fart. 7:30. I call the house Fer. No one attends. I go to see if outside in the snow, no signal. None. A pity, it was a nice race. 7:35. In the dark, all white, aperecen two lights. In the quiet of a morning made for not moving the house, the van de Fer is approaching. Makes me jump for joy. Fer Grande! I at Tetra!

loaded everything in the car: things, my old girls, the seat of oli, bags for the day, gets Adri, I get me, I embrace Fer (so amazing infinite gratitude for his gesture) and went back (to turn, impossible). I can not explain the amount of snow. In the midst of falling Sinclair crossed a Ko-Ko. A few meters and completely blocks the passage and tetra bye, I thought. With all white we pick the Pio Tano, loaded his things, and then seek to Marcelo, Courier team Luminoso. In the Fer van came, then eight people, equipment and air corridors not tell them. Finally we come to what my coach Marcelo where was the other Bright Mail, the great Cachu Carrizo, the athlete tip and great person Ricky Agustin Lanusse and his mother, grandfather Ana (Julian) and Guada and Gonzalo course. All with that emotion is not yet clear name but it feels at times to run the Tetra.

And then we learned that delayed the start. It happens at 11:30. And Fer rose so early to get us. We decided, nevertheless, go to the hill. Since we had nothing to do in town. Fer stayed, Adri and girls too, and came up with my old, Pius Tano, Ricky and Agustina. A journey of the most fun. We could not believe our eyes. All but Jose journeyed the route thousands of times. But on this Saturday morning and after the big snow storm the beauty of the environment was completely new for everyone. And I understood that concept that amazed, among others, Michael Cane: the sublime. We

the hill and had a lot of people. The first morning sun caressed around the parking lot. I had never seen the base so but so much snow. We got out, saw Gonzalo looking place, and immediately had the urge to go to the bathroom. Tano went to locate them. I walked among tetratletas. Even I was not one of them. I left the bathroom, I found my old and watching the sun thought about my mother. She had ensured that the sun would be there on 28 August, and there it was. We wanted call, but there was no signal. Eli, my dear friend, had also interceded for the ASRO King join us. They both gave thanks. And watched the mountain in silence.

begin walking through the parking lot and can not find anyone. I go from one end to the other and nothing. I feel lost, strange, out of place. Everyone making precise movements of preparation and I wandered like an idiot. And I find Marcovesky once again. Hug, smile and few words, as always. A little embarrassed, do not say I'm lost, but I can not find the boys. I pay (and not see him again until after the race) and after a few minutes meeting cars. But no one, only the truck and the bike with the number 120 (that of Thomas, of Bethlehem, then mine). it's time to take it to Parc Ferme. We also had to carry a green bag with the number 120. I look inside the camionerta and is not. My coach took me, how great I thought. And I turn to the competitive road to the park. Out, with a frank smile, I meet my trainer. "Che, hinges, you dropped my green bag?". Negative answer. And I knew that, of the 450 runners, I would most likely be the only one who had not carried the green bag for the Park Hill Closed. "Why do I insist on being myself?" I thought, and I took the oblivion as part of my life, then run the tetra is a simple continuation of it. When I reach the 120 box I see Ricky accommodating the snow so you can get my bike. Those things that have the camaraderie of racing. And I pay the pump to adjust the air in your tires. Thankfully, because I learn to use the pump that I borrowed Papichulo, which was much more complex than I thought.
Upon returning to the car and everyone knows the story: Lucas forgot the green bag and laughter enlivened the spirits of the runners friends. And then my coach tells me that TMG, who had not yet seen, was already aware of the issue and had left me your shoes so you can ride (in the bag had that and a pair of gloves, nothing more). Luckily in the pocket of his shirt broker (falsely demoninada "chest"), had a pair of gloves that I had borrowed bike Guada. With that and the shoes of TMG the matter was resolved. Thomas is in everything, I thought. A true master, with the height that has the word. I put the shoes in a bag and go back to parc ferme to leave (every little trip involved walking 300 meters. In the snow, and as I started to feel tired (before releasing!). On the way I remember the necessary authorization to remove Jose ski equipment when I finished that stage. He had been Oli in the diaper bag. Another oblivion. Future listening and laughter. Luckily by the Park was my dear friend Ines, the organization (Inés big!) Who greets me warmly and I immediately solves the issue of authorization was there a few copies, so I conclude that this neglect , it is more common among runners.

Finally, after so many trips back to the car and there were all chatting, drinking mate, waiting for the start. In seconds the sun is covered, the mountain is covered and it starts to snow. The morning sun had been met, but she was. We went to Julian van, Gonzalo, Guada, my old, Tano, Agustina and me. Ricky, edge runner, had already gone, or so we thought. Mates, cookies, conversation, laughter and the emotion that is felt only minutes to run the Tetra

clears, the sun comes out again and headed to the "little egg", a name that took the gondola supposedly to make life easier children. Not that "cable" out a complex word. But hey, if we tend to underestimate our children. And we learned that noe stan leaving up to anyone except brokers. Neither Julio who bought passes, and my old man took him out to be older than 70 will be able to witness the start. This is because the mountain is closed! It is so much snow that the media is not going to open, the machines could not work and the tracks were not going to enable. But there was Tetra, which not for anyone. And Chapelco opened for us. Yes, that's when I felt the first "we." There were runners, many from all sides, and were the only ones that passed, all in black, excited, and I was one of them. I look at Ricky, with whom I shared the gondola, and say "Ricky, I can not believe I will run the quad!" Just then, up to the start, I knew all this, all this madness, it was true. I was there, and this was my life. We

1600 and were just "us." We left our skis to go for the hundredth once a bathroom and a foreign-accented voice asks "Are these skis are yours?". I turn and, without knowing it, I recognize immediately the Russian. "Russian!" I say with sincere affection. There was "the Russian " hill instructor who, without knowing me, I borrowed their equipment so that I could run the race. Not only that, he had gone to fetch me. And he had in hand a camera with which, unbeknownst to me, I would take lots of photos. How nice meeting that nice moment, bordering emotion that is felt only seconds long Tetra.

then tell us that you have to walk up to the start. The climb begins early, but I am so happy that I care. And we are there, 450. I, surrounded by friends. All together, all around, all excited. Late comes Cachu, which was delayed in the bathroom. And just before releasing lures me a piece of banana. In this case the Director of the race, Dr. Parada, gives brief indications of the circuit and so, suddenly, without warning, start counting "10, 9, 8 ..." and we all follow "7, 6 (like, how and long?), 5, 4 (what am I doing here?!), 3, 2, (I run the tetra!), 1, (is long!) , 0 ... "

Race Ski


I started to climb at a good pace. We were many who did not worry about speed. Made me short. Then I see the end of the lift and go to the poma of the stick. A few meters in deep snow and put on his equipment. Step a few and I long for the first little hint, right. I realize the speed you reach the Russian freshly waxed skis for Nacho. I take the path that leads to the chair and to my surprise Mallin happened a few. Rapid Spin, follow the path, and still passing people. We arrived at the track that goes down the cable and bend just before the Russian encouraging and taking photos. This bass also track the right and passing people. I get euphoric. Top Tetra minutes and come right. Until we reach the balconies. A flagman asked us to lower the speed and control as soon as I see a fallen rider. I try to Essequibo and burial in deep snow. And I realize how hard it is. And I'm tired, I despair. And others come back to accumulate. Finally I go out and start off better. They fell one after another. And that intimidates me. I'm going with caution. I do not fall but I'm slower. Skiing in deep snow for a sport other than skiing that I knew at that time. Then starts much a small open road in deep snow, more dificl as above. Because he holds fast, but can not find how to stop. I hit a strong stick and bury me comlete. Drink snow like sand. I was NOT leave the skis but it costs a lot of unearthed. And I see that some happen to me. I dig up, I go. I AHRO more carefully and you get to the part últma. Down below you can hear the shouts of encouragement. And I command. I arrive at a good speed curve and bend smoothly. "We Luquitas!". Julia and my old man, elated. I think in the Tano Pio, and Gonza guada and everyone else. I take off the skis and start to climb. As difficult as it was down this stretch of quiet thank you. And climb the snow as I pull my goggles. And I get to the quad chair of Rancho Grande. Passed one after another and I get to another corridor. A big guy. We talked about the difficulty of track. He asks me if I'm out of here. I say yes, but later clarified that five years ago. "I was born and raised here." "Have you had taken the Tetra?" He asked. "Yes, this is my number twenty." Of course I was surprised, if not the person who ran tetras scraping passes. "What's your name?" He asked. "Pablo Ramirez." And I am surprised by the twist of fate. Yo, this is my first quad, next to the person who has run perhaps the most tetras. And smiled. And watch the sun in the snowy forest. And I'm running the tetra. We went down and I Pablito. We climbed up the stick and turn to throw. In the second round was more cautious, but it was inevitable a couple balconies of falls over. And the fatigue accumulated legs. Step this track and I reached the end of the second drop quite large. And there were Joseph and Julian. Euphoric. Climbed for the third time. I take my snow goggles. And I'm pretty full. "I have only Italians, I thought," a track that always in the background. " After I see the chair waiting for me Russian. "Russian!" I repeat it. Is shooting. He greets me and gives me encouragement. Italians ready to stare it down right, as I have done. I start at full speed, confident. And I take a lot. Maneuver and attempt in vain. It is deep snow, and on balconies. And I hit the stick of the day. When I fall down and completely buried in the deep snow feel a strong pull on one of my calves. I get scared. I pass the Russian, who continues to take photos. I get up and I intend to get down whole. And so it goes soft, controlling, as a beginner. First time I must ski in deep snow. The Tetra is, I think. And under the last section, there if, in depth. And I get happy at the entrance of the park closed. There is Inés to receive me, giving directions. I'm happy breath and entered the park bicycles. I get by and someone Tiera a tackle. Broitan! I greet and I am amazed. I'm fine!


Bike
bag boots While I spoke with Jose, which is Hence, on the other side. Tano asked by Pius, not seen, by Gonza and Guada, now they've been a little behind. I put on his football boots (are warmer to ride) and I run the park closed feeling a broker tip. NI I can climb well I do, I take a couple of pedal strokes, gets out of the front wheel and fall to the floor. I realize that riding a bike through the snow is not easy. And I approach the descent carefully. For a long time I passed anyone. Then I spend two, very strong. Cyclists, I thought. We look at the Rally and we recommend banderilleros get off the bike. We all do, those who come forward, those who come after. And I run beside the bike all that way. I can think of getting on NI (I know I could have done, but not tried). To my surprise, not only did I pass anyone, but, together with another rider, the 119, which comes ahead of me, started to pass people. I like the concatenation number, and not spent in no time. The 119 always, without exception, is Justito before 120. We crossed the road and keep running. We crossed streams. Mud everywhere. And all the front and back, avoided getting on pedaling. We went across the road and finally pedaled along myrtle. Enjoy. A narrow path through the snow, a trail vehicle, and a fallen rider. I passed many runners, I spent a few. And back the climbs, and running back. But I ran, not walked. And I kept passing people. And then I realized that I was getting to the route. I joined a train of riders on his bike, and so we arrived. Now, to download, I thought. And I began to give. That was the moment where Thomas bike paid off. I went down hard and would surprise me in front of a small group of cyclists. He was pulling me! At a time loosened so that pasarn and throw me another. And so on. To Km 3. New surprise. The small group stayed and I left later. I felt strong. I took the bike. And I left. In the last downhill I come to everything I make. And I realize that is a bike next to me I was filming! Pongo face extremely strong runner and I. And finish the bike. There, at the Monument Rock, another scream "We Lucas, yet!". Fer was with the truck, he rejoiced and was actually surprised to see me. Will it come?, I wonder. I get off the bike and the second step, the two piermas aclambran me. I can hardly walk. With so many people alrededro, bench me to myself and try to get the greatest possible. I look and look and I see Adri. I am getting closer to the Parque del Lago. And nothing. When I'm going to go listen to "Luqi!" And is adri with Olivia in his arms and Male. The greeting, he smiled, and entered the park. I see the lake and I can not believe. The wind and the waves are crying that it does not. It adri away Tano ask me for the Pio. I say I do not know. And again I wonder will it come?

Kayak
I change. I feel the cold to stay in leather against something. I assume the nonsense and put on my neoprene vest. Performed fairly quickly and efficiently all the movements. Grab your kayak and approach the lake. I put it, I get the spray skirt and wedge. It takes me less time than expected. And I start to paddle.

That you see in the picture, yes, snow. Not only the lake is choppy and windy, but is also snowing. I concentrate. And rowing apace, that is, at my own pace. I reach the first buoy, turn and step into a boat. I'm shocked. I keep paddling, watching the raging lake. Wind gusts are becoming stronger. I pass the first known Ricky Lanusse. We salute you and we spirits. I went into the lake before he left, I thought, it is not little. And that I go to a boat turned. On the boat, which sank a runner caught. Ask itself is fine, if he could blow his whistle, if you already come to look. And I see the boat approaching. I keep paddling, now a little worried. The snow in my eyes will not let me see. And I put on a par with another rower. We talked about the lake and conditions. "It fulero, fulero" he says, "well, never in my life I felt so cold in my hands. "And value could not be more Adri mitts. Perfect, professional, and made all his love. The waves began to grow and definitely scared me. I thought of my mother, my grandmother and the forces of nature. And the wind died down. I discussed with my rowing partner. But the time came to blow. And so on. I was glad when the boat Divic PC. I turned happy. I had half inside. I pulled overboard the little hose that got me tano Pio and I sent a Power Gel with water from Lake. And I did well. And I met boys who were going Shining Mail. And Cachu, which was going. I looked at Tano Pio. I did not see. Until he gave an emotional meeting with the team if my love. There were Gonza and Guada. We cry, we found encouraging. In the midst of a raging lake were happy. We were running the Tetra, everyone. And I started to paddle stronger. Of all the friends and acquaintances came at the end!. When I saw the coast was happy. All I wanted was to finish this stage, I turned. And I came to the mainland. Just then came the e-light equipment. I only had to run ... Running

I get to the box with the kayak and look for all sides to see if they are girls. I do not see. I guess as always, they calculated it would take more. Will I do well?, I thought again. Take off my wet boots and socks was a great pleasure. I wiped my feet and I put socks and shoes dry. The same neoprene felt to take off my shirt and put on a dry, my dear windbreaks and tetra shirt. At this point, it was already filled the corridor 120. Kayak had finished, my weakest point. Just then I hear the voice Flavio Correa announcing the first. And I go, one after the other. I left the lake before the arrival of the first, I thought could it be that I do well? After leaving the park closed planilleto greet my friend and colleague Steve Leslie, and faces a run enthusiastically. My legs would not hurt so much, I am whole. And it comes mandolins. Climb the snow is quite a time. Climb well, with encouragement. I'm going down, flying, a corridor, then another. Facu recognize Romera, I switched to an unprecedented speed. Despite coming down with snow. Some monsters. Corro, climbs on rough road, I join a pack, step by some, I passed others. I arrive at the gazebo bandurrias PC where I run into another classmate, Carolina Attis, that greets me is amazing and gives me courage. And I feel the worst is over. NI closely. But the landscape at this point, with sun filled my eyes and my soul. Am I happy. Alegre. I have only run. And enjoy. I'm running the Tetra. And at this point I know that if I things right, I'll get there. And after passing the barrier and into the road to visit the island, another emotional meeting. TMG I meet is already returning. Scream, I scream, we both surprised, I think he more than me. And it gives me encouragement. Of course, no brake, the timer commands. But we bid a fond farewell. And both, at this point, we are happy. A few meters later reached Marcelo and Marcelo, Courier bright. I'm glad. We waved and started running jutnos. From that time my goal was not to lose or to sun or shade. I know they are both experienced riders and whether it could sustain its passage was a good sign. And I did. Do not let go. Sometimes I walked away, after recovered. And we turned the end, he devised an infinite loop my friend Christian Aprea. It made me forever. But we passed. And we went back to the target PC. We were coming back. The thing I was bearable. I thought about many things. Many saw it coming, but many people. We arrived at the soccer field and the last big climb. And we were back above the ibises. We spent the PC, Carolina jumped out of joy giving me encouragement, I began to fall. My shoes, ladies shoes, the ones that I used in the past seven months, not clinging to the ice very well. I guess none of them did. And mne slipped. I made it down safe. The team I was light-mail and let them go. I enjoyed that step down. And so I passed some runners. Others were running, beginning running. Di curve to address the bridge and to my surprise and joy Malena recognize the jacket. There was, to my great friend Costa! I go and Male, Nico and Cami start running to my side. Were about five blocks away, I feared it was hard to Male, he could not reach, which do not suffer. For her, the five blocks was a big challenge for me as Tetra. Or so I felt. And there you see my old, hoping to start running. Prepared to make that stretch for which he trained so long. And the final face my dad, my daughter and myself. Whole time. To explain So it's true, I have no words. And they start yelling, clapping, familiar faces, voices, and see Adri, smiling, encouraging.
and crossed the finish line.
had finished running the Tetra ...

(continued)

(it was very long, which does not want to read do not read, does not offend me!)

(AM, closing, thanks and a special word for each of the protagonists of this story, which are many, starting with my dear friend, "Archie" and my coach Gonzalo, leading proponent of this wonder. And so many people wanted to be was adding, helping to make this Thanks guys dream! Thanks to all!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment